Interested in working at our store in Emmaus or our range in Stroudsburg?
Hours: Must be available to work weekends and evenings. Typical hours are between 10/Noon to 9pm. The more open your availability, the more hours will be available to you. You should expect 12-29 hours per week (per store).
Pay: Pay rate starts at $10.00 per hour
Benefits: Accrued PTO, employee pricing, and free use of range time at Pocono Pistol Range (must be during slow times and not during shift)
Applicants must be 21 years old or older and be able to pass a background check.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Proficient with point of sale systems, and basic computer programs
- Able and excited to multitask
- Great communication and phone skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to handle stressful customer interactions with tact and empathy while maintaining our policies
- Able to handle sensitive information with care to ensure customer and company privacy
- Able and willing to sell firearms, suppressors and accessories (extensive knowledge of firearms is not required, we will train you)
- Very adept with checking over and filling out paperwork. The majority of this position will be filling out, checking and re-checking paperwork required for firearm sales.
- A strong desire to keep the facility clean and organized
Additional requirements for working at Pocono Pistol Range range:
Must have or be willing to take the NRA Range Safety Officer training course which will be provided at a discounted course fee (usually $125).
Supervise shooting activities as prescribed by the Range Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s).
Assist in the prevention of problems on the range through diligence in performing the following duties: Educate users on the Range Safety Rules; provide direct range supervision; enforce all Range Safety Rules; and enforce policies and procedures established by Freedom Firearms.
Evaluate the condition of the Range upon arrival, and prior to departure for the day, including but not limited to: Inspection of entire Range facility to include baffles, ballistic walls, lighting, targeting system, bullet traps, air flow system, compressor system, classrooms, office, and common areas.
Perform all duties related to check in users in the retail area including sales, cash register operations to include the handling of monetary transactions.
Clean up the Range facility in its entirety at the end of each day. Perform required maintenance and upkeep of equipment and materials.
Facilitate emergency safety protocols to be used in the event of a life-threatening injury or incident at the facility.
Take charge in emergency situations, and act in accordance with the policies established in the Range SOP’s.
Please email your resume to HR@freedomfirearms.com, you will also need to fill out this application and bring a physical copy to the location you are interested in working at (we will not accept digital copies of this form). Additional hours are available to those who are interested in working at both locations.